Tuesday, February 5, 2019

7 Skinny Coffee Drinks You Can Make at Home

I’m a morning person.  I wake up at 5:00am to work out, I come home and enjoy a cup of simple black coffee.  It starts my day out right and I’m packing lunches and making breakfast for the kids like a pro.

This leads into my work day where I’m ticking off my to-do list, preparing myself a healthy lunch and picking up the kids from school.  That’s about the time I hit a wall.

It’s that afternoon slump that gets my every time.  Instead of reaching for a snack that will only spike my insulin and then put me back in the dumps, I’ve been preparing a skinny coffee drink.

Sometimes I’ll do decaf on these if I think I might have trouble sleeping.  But, being able to get that bump of caffeine gives me a second wind to super-mom it all the way to bedtime.

Here’s a list of my favorite skinny coffee drinks you can make at home:

  1. If you’re a chai fan like me, you’ll love the Light Almond Chai by She Knows.  The additional of almond milk in lieu of regular milk keeps things light and fresh.
  2. iFood Real reminds us that the Skinny Vanilla Iced Coffee you love from Starbucks can easily be made at home.  She makes it with almond milk, but a skim milk would work as well.
  3. When your sweet tooth just won’t stop, try the Skinny Caramel Frappaccino by What the Fork’s for Dinner.  The presentation alone is enough to give you a pick-me-up.
  4. The Java Chip Smoothie sneaks in a bunch of spinach.  Blessed Beyond Crazy promises you’ll never even taste it.
  5. The Vanilla Caramel Iced Protein Coffee adds protein to the mix so you’ll stay full until dinner.  Try this low-cal treat from Skinny Fat Girl.
  6. I’m such a sucker for the chocolate mint combo (think Girl Scout Thin Mints.)  The Skinny Mint Frappaccino by Amy’s Healthy Baking hits all the right notes.
  7. If you want to plan ahead and make afternoon beverages for the week or just invite some friends for a caffeine-happy hour, try the Slow Cooker Iced Honey Latte.  Get Crocked infuses honey into the coffee by slow cooking it.

More from MPMK

30 Breakfast Ideas for a 1-year-old

5 Healthy Chia Seed Recipes Your Family Needs to Try

The post 7 Skinny Coffee Drinks You Can Make at Home appeared first on Modern Parents Messy Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment